Travis Scott seltzer quits, report says | WGN 720 radio

0


NEW YORK, NEW YORK – SEPTEMBER 12: Travis Scott attends the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards at Barclays Center on September 12, 2021 in the Brooklyn neighborhood of New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy / Getty Images for MTV / ViacomCBS)

(NEXSTAR) – Travis Scott’s tough seltzer was reportedly cut short just over a month after a mob wave killed 10 people and injured scores of others during his performance at the Astroworld festival in Houston.

Scott announced his hard seltzer line, CACTI, in December 2020, according to Forbes. Agave Tipped Seltzers were created in partnership with Anheuser-Busch and began shipping in early 2021.

Anheuser-Busch announced on Friday that production and development of the seltzer CACTI brand would be halted after “careful evaluation”, TMZ Reports. “We believe fans of the brand will understand and respect this decision,” said a statement from the beverage company. A source told TMZ that the decision to stop CACTI was mutual.

Anheuser-Busch did not immediately respond to Nexstar’s request for comment.

While the website for CACTI remains online from Friday evening, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter the tipped seltzer accounts no longer exist.

When CACTI launched in March 2021, Anheuser-Busch InBev says the brand has broken records, selling in thousands of locations across the United States in just 24 hours. Online inventory sold out in half the time. Scott’s line has the highest sales rate in its first week of any variety packs in Anheuser-Busch Seltzer’s history. InBev reports that Scott, as the founder and creator of the seltzer CACTI, worked with the Anheuser-Busch innovation team to build the brand.

In September, the The Houston Chronicle reported CACTI had been accused of misleading consumers in a class action lawsuit filed against Anheuser-Busch. The woman who filed the complaint alleged that CACTI was advertised as being 100% blue agave, but instead contained an agave sweetener.

Anheuser-Busch is not the first brand to move away from a Scott line. In mid-November, Nike postponed the release Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack sneakers from Scott “out of respect for all those affected by the tragic events of the Astroworld festival”.

In a recent interview with radio host Charlamagne tha God, Scott said he didn’t know fans were hurt while on stage at the Astroworld festival. More than 300 lawsuits have been filed to date in response to the incident. Those who have been sued include Scott, concert promoter Live Nation and other companies linked to the event.



Share.

Comments are closed.