Watch | Listen | Live Statistics | Follow on Twitter
Amherst, Mass. – The Fordham University Rams continue the 2021-22 Atlantic 10 season, Fordham’s 119th college season, by traveling to Amherst, Mass., to face the University of Massachusetts Minutemen at Mullins Center on Wednesday, March 2 at 7:00 a.m.
The game will air on ESPN+ with Jay Burnham (PxP) and Frank Sullivan (analyst) announcing and stream live on WFUV (90.7 FM) and wfuvsports.org with Nick DeLuca (PxP) and Ryan Gregware (analyst) behind the microphones.
Fordham enters the game with an overall record of 14-14, 7-9 in the Atlantic 10, following an 85-73 conference win over Massachusetts at Rose Hill Gym on Monday night, as Massachusetts enters the game with an overall record of 12-16. , 5-11 in the conference, after an 85-73 loss at Fordham on Monday.
Wednesday night’s contest will be the 51st meeting between Fordham and Massachusetts on the hardwood. The Minutemen lead the all-time series, which began in the 1967-68 season, 32-18. The Rams took the first meeting of this year, 85-73, on February 28 at Rose Hill Gym as Chuba Ohams scored a career-high 23 points and added eleven rebounds.
• After missing most of the 2020-21 season, the graduate student striker Chuba Ohams wasted little time showing he was back, recording a double-double in 18 of 26 games, including a career-high 23 points and 11 rebounds against UMass on Monday.
• Ohams leads the Atlantic 10 and is fifth in the NCAA in rebounds (11.3 rpg).
• Ohams has 692 career rebounds, good for 13th on the Rams career lists, six behind John Coalmon (1958-1961) for 12th place.
• Ohams also has 107 career blocks, good for ninth on the school’s all-time list, one behind Ed Bona (1979-83) for eighth place.
• Custody of graduate students Darius Quisenberry, who missed all five games due to injury, returned for Monday’s UMass game. He’s third among the A-10s in points, averaging 16.9 points per game.
• Quisenberry has scored in double figures in 20 of his 23 games this year.
• Custody of graduate students Josh Colon Navarro is averaging 11.2 points per game over the last nine games.