Barton County Commission Meeting at a Glance
Here’s a quick rundown of what the Barton County Commission did Wednesday morning:
• Proposed action to provide financial assistance to Ellinwood for water and wastewater improvements.
• Approved agreements transferring radio repeaters no longer used by the county due to the 800 MHz transition to the towns of Claflin and Ellinwood.
• Approval of an emergency vehicle permit for Roger Krier.
Krier, a sheriff’s office reserve officer, filled out a request for a 2000 Ford Excursion to be used to assist the sheriff’s office with hazmat calls in Barton County when professional equipment is in use. Sheriff Brian Bellendir recommended approval for a five-year term.
Kansas statutes allow the commission to designate an authorized private emergency vehicle, county operations manager Matt Patzner said.
• Held an ongoing discussion on County involvement in the Brynwood Subdivision proposed by Housing Opportunities Inc. (Cambridge Park).
• Approved payment of travel expenses for two Health Department personnel to attend the Midwest Regional Child Passenger Safety Conference this week in Rogers, Ark. The department received a mini-grant to cover most of the cost of the trip.
• Visit to the CUNA building at 24th and the US 281 Bypass at Great Bend. This is another possible location for temporary county offices while the courthouse HVAC system is replaced, likely next year.
• I took a walk along 10th Street Extended and Airport Road to see the work being done by the Roads and Bridges Department.