TUSCALOOSA, Alabama – Alabama Reyna reyes will return to the field for the Mexico National Women’s Soccer Team as they prepare for a pair of games against the United States. Both games will be played at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn., With the first game starting at 6 p.m. CT on July 1 and the second game at 4 p.m. CT on July 5.
FS1 and TUDN will broadcast the first meeting between the two teams on July 1, while ESPN, TUDN.com and the TUDN app will broadcast the match on July 5.
- Reyes will make his fourth round of friendlies this year with the Mexican national team
- After being called up for senior camp in January, Reyes was selected for two matches against Costa Rica, one European tour against Slovakia and Spain and one match against Olympic host Japan.
- Reyes made his first appearance for the national team in a 0-0 draw against Costa Rica on February 23, before winning his first international start at the senior level against Slovakia on April 10.
Against the USA
- Mexico will face the world’s best team USA in a pair of friendlies
- The two teams will face each other for their 40e and 41st all-weather reunion
- The last meeting between the two teams took place at the Concacaf Women’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament last year.
- The United States won this game 4-0 to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics
- Games against Mexico will be the last two games for the United States before the Olympics
Get all the latest team information by following @AlabamaSoccer on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. General sports news is available at @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and @AlabamaAthletics on Facebook.